Klamath Blue Green Algae® is the most nutrient-dense greenfood available for those seeking optimum health with wild wholefoods.
Klamath Blue Green Algae
£18.85 – £41.55
Scientifically called Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA), this species of blue-green algae has received serious media attention: Newsweek magazine reported a few years ago that this wild wholefood from Upper Klamath Lake is one of the fastest growing items in the health food market; it has been described in the British press as the greenfood supplement of choice by various high-profile personalities such as Jennifer Aniston, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
The surge in popularity of AFA blue green algae bears testimony to the wide spectrum of health benefits that people have experienced when taking the algae. And while vitamin and mineral supplements have become heavily promoted for nearly a half-century, wild greenfoods such as Klamath blue green algae are now becoming important components of leading-edge nutritional regimes. Healthcare practitioners – including physicians, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors – are using The Really Healthy Company’s algae as part of their patients’ nutritional regimes.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae® is a convenient wild wholefood – which grows without pesticides or artificial fertilizers. Many believe wholefood vitamins, minerals and other nutrients are better absorbed and utilized by the body, even when they are present in food-source quantities.
- Cool-dried to retain enzymatic and nutritional integrity. This also serves to highly concentrate its goodness, increasing its nutritional value by as much as 20 times.
- One of the only vegetarian sources of vitamin B12, providing 133% of the RDA.
- Contains 60% high quality protein.
- Highest beta-carotene content per gram of any food – a provitamin that boosts the immune system and scavenges free radicals that can cause oxidative damage in the body.
- Richest known source of chlorophyll, which can help our bodies in cell regeneration, blood purification and general detoxification.
- Its high nutrient content and low calorie count (4 calories per gram) make it compatible with weight-loss programs.
- Enzyme active for complete and easy absorption.
- Full spectrum of trace minerals.
- Source of fatty acids and nucleic acids.
- Klamath Blue Green Algae is a clean product without detectable levels of toxins. This is due to unique filtering and processing systems used only by our harvesters. (Please note this product is also BMAA free.)
- Certified by Oregon Tilth and bottled in the USA.
- For a full breakdown of this wild algae, visit www.algae.co.uk.
AFA wild Klamath Blue Green Algae®is harvested from the highly mineralized Upper Klamath Lake in Oregon, USA, using a unique floating harvester, engineered with state-of-the-art screening and refrigeration systems. The algae then undergoes a gentle cool-drying process to not only retain nutrient integrity, but also to concentrate its goodness by up to 20 times. Every batch of the cool-dried algae is tested for purity by an independent laboratory, and the Oregon Department of Agriculture has a representative in the Klamath area that also conducts spontaneous sampling to further ensure all products meet the standards of food hygiene. In addition, the product has been examined here in the UK, and approved as a food.
AFA Klamath Blue Green Algae® is available in a range of different products. Pure algae is supplied in powder, capsules and tablets.
Directions: If you are new to this product then we suggest you first try the capsules as the algae powder can be an acquired taste for some people. When first taking the product it is recommended to start with just one capsule or, if using powder, one third of a lvel teaspoon (½g), in a glass of water or juice on am empty stomach, preferably early in the day. Gradually build up to 2 capsules a day or two-thirds of a level teaspoon (1g) a day, or as advised by your healthcare practitioner.
60 veg caps x 500mg, 130 veg caps x 500mg, 30g powder, 80g powder
Klamath Blue Green Algae® (UK trademark)
Used nutritionally for:
General health, vitality, nutritional balance, vegans and vegetarians, people with malabsorption, nervous system support, detoxification
500mg x 60 veg caps
500mg x 130 veg caps
Take 500mg – 1000mg of algae per day on an empty stomach with a glass of water, usually first thing in the morning. It is advisable to start with 1 capsule (½g) a day for the first week and then take 2 capsules (1g) a day thereafter, or as advised by your health practitioner.
As with any green food, when you first start taking it you can experience loose stools and very occasionally symptoms of detox such as headaches nd nausea
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans